What are affirmations and How to Use them to Succeed
If you are new to affirmations and have no idea what they are, let me tell you that they can change your life if you use them consistently. Before knowing How you can use affirmations to get the success you must know what affirmations are.
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements that can help you to overcome and to challenge the negative thoughts inside you. When you repeat affirmations consistently and believe in them you can make positive changes in yourself. Simply, affirmations are positive statements or phrases that help to challenge negative thoughts and motivate you and boost your self-esteem.
Some people say that affirmations are unrealistic and wishful thinking, but many notable pieces of research have proved that if you believe in affirmations, they will encourage positive changes in your life and boost your self-esteem. If you practice them just before a high-pressure meeting then it can increase your confidence, calm your nerves, and increase the chances of getting a successful outcome.
Try looking at it differently: Many people do physical exercises to improve physical health, in the same way, affirmations are mental exercise and repetition of positive affirmations will improve our mental health. It reprograms the thinking pattern of the mind. When a person begins to think differently and positively then he automatically begins to act differently. Affirmations have also been used to successfully treat people with depression, low self-esteem, and other mental conditions.
Benefits of positive affirmations:
1. Positive affirmations help to boost and raise our confidence.
2. Repeating positive affirmations daily will turn your negative thoughts into positive thoughts.
3. Positive affirmations control a person's frustration, anger, and impatience and help him to control these emotions and stay calm and peaceful in any condition.
4. Positive affirmations improve self-esteem as well as the productivity of a person. It enhances a person's capabilities, talents, strengths, and skills.
5. Helps to overcome bad habits: Affirmations help to overcome the biggest barrier of success that is bad habits.
6. Positive affirmations allow you to focus more on your goals and this results in your success.
How to create affirmations:
1. The most powerful words in the English language are, "I AM" always start your affirmation with these two words.
2. Always use present tense while creating an affirmation.
3. Always stay positive and motivated while creating an affirmation. Affirm what you want, not what you don't want.
4. You should include at least one dynamic word that motivates you or inspire you to achieve your goals.
5. Always make affirmations for yourself, not for others.
6. Always say your affirmations with truthful feelings.
How to use Affirmations to Succeed:
Positive affirmations are very important for success, when they are done consistently and properly they prevent you from thinking negative and from sabotaging yourself, also they help you to reprogram your mind and to help you in eliminating negative feelings, frustration and anger.
1. Affirmations improve your Self-Esteem:
People with high self-esteem are confident and they think that they can do anything. And to attempt anything or to try something new or big you first have to think that there are some chances of getting success. People with low self-esteem are people that think they can't do anything, so they don't even try. Even if the person with low self-esteem tries, he expects to fail.
So avoid low self-esteem at any cost and force yourself to try new things and keep repeating to yourself that, "I think I can", "I think I can", "I think I can" ... until you do that.
2. Use affirmations to control your negative feelings, frustration, and anger:
Affirmations can also help in controlling your negative feelings, frustration, and anger. If you are struggling with negative thoughts or some frustration, note down the reasons or the thoughts that are bothering you and then choose a positive affirmation that is opposite to that thought. Whenever you feel that a negative thought is coming your way, say that affirmation you prepared and repeat it in your mind.
Repeating positive affirmations daily will turn your negative thoughts into positive thoughts.
For example: If you are finding a new partner and some negative thoughts capture your mind like you don't deserve love, you can create an affirmation like, " I AM a loveable, valuable person and I will find a great partner very soon". Repeating this statement in your mind will change your thinking and creates confidence in you.
3. Use affirmations to increase your focus and concentration:
The only reason that most people are unable to get success in their life is that they fail to take action to reach their goals. Sometimes, it can be also due to less focus and concentration.
Focus and concentration are the two most important factors that everyone must have to achieve success in their life. Without proper focus and concentration, a person can lose track of success. It is very important to stay focused and maintain high concentration to achieve their goals and to succeed.
Many people don't put much effort into staying focussed because they don't know how to stay focussed and what are the benefits of staying focussed and concentrated. When a person uses positive affirmations he will be able to decide what they want in their life and it also helps to stay focussed and concentrated towards their goals.
10 Best Positive affirmations for Success
I AM blessed beyond measures.
I AM grateful for all that I have and will accomplish.
I AM prepared to take advantage of the great opportunities presented to me.
I WILL never give up on my goals and dreams.
I CAN accomplish anything I focus on.
I AM dependable and resourceful.
I AM a positive person who attracts positive situations for success.
I WILL choose prosperity over failure.
I AM prepared to work even harder to be successful.
Today will be ANOTHER successful day.